Professional teeth whitening is the best way to enjoy a beautiful, radiant smile quickly. Dr. Buck, Dr. Burton, Dr. Danny Moosa and the team at Creative Smiles are pleased to offer patients in-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments. Learn more about professional teeth whitening -- and why it’s by far the best option -- today.
Why Teeth Darken Over Time
If you have noticed your smile getting darker or yellower over time, you may be wondering what causes teeth to stain. It won’t come as a surprise that coffee, wine, and tobacco are some of the biggest offenders -- but there are a number of other factors at play.
Did you know…
- The acids in white wine can cause more staining than red wine.
- Over-the-counter whitening does not reach intrinsic stains, or those that exist beneath the surface of the tooth.
- Certain medications (especially tetracycline) can cause the teeth to take on a gray cast.
- Ripe berries, rare steak, and pasta sauce gradually change the shade of your teeth.
- Genetics play a significant factor in the shade of your teeth -- some people were just born with brighter smiles.
- Brushing your teeth after you consume highly-pigmented foods and beverages is not as effective in preventing stains as brushing before, which will remove the plaque that pigments cling onto.
Teeth Whitening Options at Creative Smiles
At Creative Smiles, we are pleased to offer patients both in-office and at-home whitening treatment options.
In-office whitening is performed in just one visit to our practice. It is an effective treatment option for patients who wish to reveal their results quickly. To whiten your teeth, we will apply the high-powered gel to the surface of each tooth and activate it in two to three intervals. It is a good idea to brush with an anti-sensitivity toothpaste in the days or weeks leading up to your appointment to reduce potential discomfort. We can provide additional desensitizing treatments if needed.
An at-home whitening treatment is custom-fitted to provide you with the very best results. Wear your personalized trays as directed for one to two weeks. You will begin to notice brighter teeth after the very first application, but continue through the treatment for maximum whitening. Because your teeth will be more susceptible to stains and discoloration throughout your treatment, try to avoid highly-pigmented foods and beverages before or after whitening.
Maintaining Your White Smile
With proper care and maybe a touch-up every now and then, you can enjoy your professional whitening results for many years to come. Avoid the things that caused the teeth to discolor in the first place, like tobacco and black coffee. Brush and floss as recommended and consider these small habits for preventing stains.
- Eat crusty bread with pasta sauce or red wine to scrub away stains.
- Calcium in cheese and other dairy products strengthen tooth enamel for increased stain resistance.
- Chewing sugar-free gum reduces risk of plaque and tartar buildup for whiter, healthier teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with water after drinking coffee, wine, or dark beer.
- Visit your dentist regularly for cleanings.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
At Creative Smiles, we love to help patients smile brighter with professional teeth whitening. Please get in touch with us if you would like to get started on your treatment! Request an appointment today.