Same Day Dental Crowns in Clintonville
Many adults will need a dental crown at some point in their lives. Whether it is to restore a decayed tooth, strengthen a broken tooth, or fix a damaged filling, the traditional process for a dental crown takes two visits to the dentist that are completed over the course of two or three weeks. But thanks to the E4D system at Creative Smiles, your dentist can take care of the entire procedure in just one visit to the office. Keep reading to learn more about this option from Dr. Eric Buck, Dr. Hannah Burton, and Dr. Danny Moosa.
How E4D Works
E4D is a computer aided design and manufacture (CAD/CAM) system that allows your dentist to plan, prepare, and place a crown in a little under two hours. E4D crowns are made out of natural looking dental ceramic/porcelain, which means they are an especially great choice for damaged or decayed teeth located in the front of the smile.
To begin, we will administer anesthesia and sedation as desired to ensure your complete comfort. Then your dentist will remove any decay that is present and reshape your tooth. To accommodate the crown, enough enamel needs to be removed so that the base of the tooth is wider than the top -- kind of a cone shape.
Once the tooth has been sized down, a digital scan is taken in seconds and sent to the E4D software, where your dentist creates a blueprint for the crown and sends it to the in-office milling machine. The crown is then crafted in a matter of minutes.
After the new restoration is ready, your dentist checks to make sure it fits, feels, and looks as planned. Adjustments can still be made at this point if needed. When it’s all just right, the crown is bonded securely onto the tooth.
The Many Advantages of Same Day Crowns
- Procedure completed in a couple of hours compared to a couple of weeks
- No need to wear a temporary restoration, which could break or be noticeable beside the natural teeth
- E4D crowns are made from highly customizable porcelain, ensuring they blend flawlessly with your surrounding smile
- Digital scans taken with E4D are captured more comfortably than traditional bite-down impressions
- Same day crowns can be expected to last just as long as those prepared in a separate lab
- Your dentist has total control over the entire process, keeping your dental records in one secure location and eliminating the minor risk of miscommunication between lab and office
Is a Same Day Crown Right for You?
E4D is a wonderful solution in the majority of cases we see. If you have an aching or damaged tooth but have not been to the dentist, don’t put off the visit any longer. Problem teeth don’t get better on their own -- and with E4D technology, it has never been easier to get the care you need completed on the very same day!
Contact Us Today
To learn more about one day dentistry or to schedule an appointment for your own dental crown, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Creative Smiles. Contact our office