Are you missing teeth? You aren’t alone. Approximately 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth while 40 million are missing all of their teeth. Fortunately, there are several different options out there that can help, including dental implants, which are preferred by dentist and patients alike. You want to pick a great restoration option, but are dental implants in Clintonville really worth the investment? Continue reading to learn more from your dentist about this tooth replacement option.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
In order to determine if they are worth the cost, you need to know what their advantages are. Dental implants have many different benefits over other tooth replacement options, like dentures and dental bridges. Here are just some of them:
- Permanent solution: Once dental implants are placed, they can last many years. Often times, people never have to worry about their missing teeth again. When cared for properly, they can last for upwards of 25 years and even for a lifetime. However, dentures need to periodically be fitted and readjusted. Bridges last only 5 to 15 years before needing to be replaced.
- Prevent bone loss: Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that preserves the integrity of the jawbone. It helps to maintain bone density and prevent the remaining teeth from shifting around the mouth. This is because the implant replaces the natural root of the tooth, therefore stimulating the jawbone when you chew your food.
- Comfortable: Many patients find that dentures can cause discomfort. However, implants are so comfortable that patients often forget they’re not their natural teeth.
- No Eating Restrictions: With dental implants, there are no eating restrictions. They restore up to 90% of your chewing power. But with dentures, many patients have to give up some of their favorite foods.
- Easy Care: Caring for dental implants is just like maintaining your natural teeth. It involves brushing twice and flossing at least once each day. Regular dental visits help to keep your smile in check.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Price?
When considering the cost of dental implants, it’s better to think of it as an investment. By getting them now, you can save a lot more in the future on other restorations that don’t last as long and don’t offer the same benefits. Other tooth replacement options need to be replaced themselves after a shorter period of time while implants can last a lifetime with proper care. In the end, many patients find that dental implants are worth the investment as they can have their smile back for the foreseeable future.
Are you unsure if investing in implants is right for you? The best way to make this decision is by talking to your dentist. They will be able to tell you everything you need to know and give you the best advice on what is right for your unique smile.
About the Author
Dr. Eric Buck earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery from The Ohio State University and is a firm believer in continuing education in order to keep up with the latest technology and knowledge that dentistry has to offer. He is a member of multiple professional organizations including the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. To learn more about dental implants or to schedule a consultation, visit his website or call (614) 459-7766.