Have you made the decision to transform your smile to perfection? You have several different options to make this possible. Two of the most common treatments include traditional metal braces and Invisalign. Both of these are highly effective and people all over the country are reaping the benefits, but which one should you choose? Continue reading to learn from your dentist about the differences between traditional braces and Invisalign in Clintonville and which one is right for you.
What Are Traditional Metal Braces and What Are Their Benefits?
This technique relies on fastening brackets to the teeth and using metal wires to gradually guide your teeth into their new places. This treatment has been used for a long time and traces all the way back to ancient Egypt. They have come a long way and are very common. Here are some of the benefits of choosing this method:
- Easy to Comply: You cannot remove braces on your own. This may not seem like an advantage, but if braces were removeable, your teeth would not move as effectively. If you don’t feel like you would be able to commit to wearing clear aligners all day, you are probably better off with regular braces.
- Fixes More Complex Misalignment Issues: For people who have severe tooth misalignment, braces are likely a better option. Because braces are attached securely to the tooth, they are more ideal for smiles that require a lot of rotation and movement.
- They Are Effective: For many years, braces have been used to fix alignment issues and over time, they have gotten better and better. People are overwhelmingly happy with their results!
- Price: When compared to Invisalign clear aligners, traditional braces tend to be more affordable.
What Is Invisalign and What Are the Benefits?
Invisalign uses clear, comfortable aligners that are hardly noticeable in the mouth to progressively straighten teeth. Each set of aligners applies gentle pressure and pushes the teeth into their new locations. Here are a few reasons why many people prefer Invisalign over braces:
- Invisible: You can hardly see Invisalign in the mouth. One reason many adults shy away from braces is because everyone can notice them when smiling. With Invisalign, this isn’t an issue at all!
- Removable: You can remove your Invisalign aligners any time! Because of this, you won’t have all of the eating restrictions that you would with traditional braces. It is also much easier to clean your teeth thoroughly without brackets and wires in the way.
- Comfort: Even though you will experience soreness right after getting Invisalign, it tends to use less pressure than braces meaning that they will feel more comfortable.
Whether you want to take the traditional route, or you want to try Invisalign, you will be able to get the results you’re looking for. You’ll have the smile that you’ve been dreaming of in no time!
About the Author
Dr. Eric Buck is a dentist serving patients in and around the Clintonville area. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry and is a member of several professional organizations including the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. He offers Invisalign as a treatment at his practice. For more information or to schedule a consultation, visit his website or call (614) 459-7766.