If you have missing teeth, you no longer have to settle for traditional dentures as the only form of replacing your digits. There is now a way to have a more secure teeth replacement experience – dental implants in Clintonville. How does the process work, though? A local dentist provides the answers you need as you read along!
How Does the Dental Implant Process Work?
A dental implant is a surgically inserted titanium post that attaches to your underlying bone to form a firm and sturdy foundation. This process is unique in that the implant acts as a tooth root and fuses with your existing bone over time.
Here are the steps to the procedure:
- Examination – Before any work is done, you will undergo a thorough examination from your dentist, which may include the specialist capturing X-Ray images and developing models of your teeth.
- Treatment Plan Development – Your dentist will utilize this information to form a treatment plan with consideration given to such details as how many teeth need to be replaced and the condition of the jawbone.
- Implant Placement – The next step is to place the dental implant and allow time for your jaw to heal. This can sometimes take a few months.
- Abutment Placement – After a sufficient amount of healing time has passed, another titanium piece is added called the abutment. A connecting fixture, it allows a final restoration to be attached to the implant.
- Restoration – Depending on the number of teeth you have missing, your restoration will either be a porcelain crown, an implant-retained bridge or a full set of implant-retained dentures.
One of the many benefits of working with Dr. Moosa and the team at Creative Smiles is that the entire process of inserting the implant and placing the final restoration is performed by the same specialist.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants don’t just replace your teeth, they enhance your life. That’s because they leave you with a natural-looking smile, restore your ability to chew food, allow you to speak normally and leave you with more confidence.
More importantly, though, dental implants provide support for your jawbone and prevent bone loss by restoring the tension teeth roots naturally apply. It’s important to not hesitate about replacing your teeth because the longer you wait, the more bone loss you can experience, which can then make it more difficult to have the implant procedure performed.
So to get on track to living a richer and fuller life with a beautiful and functional set of teeth, reach out to your dentist to schedule a consultation today.
About the Author
Dr. Danny Moosa is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. Since entering the field of dentistry, he has remained steadfast in his efforts to make continued improvements and to further expand his knowledge through taking continuing education courses. He helps patients enjoy the full function and look of beautiful teeth by placing dental implants at Creative Smiles, and he can be reached for more information through his website.